Friday 8 February 2008

The Little Prince

Here's my little prince looking perfectly at home in my boss' Mercedes. She had sent her driver to pick us up for our 5:45am arrival, the morning after Chinese New Year. So we were chauffered to our apartment in style. We were also chauffered around for the rest of the day, as I had the use of the Mercedes and driver to pick up everything that we would need for our apartment.

The first stop: Costco. A little piece of home in a foreign land. It's the only place to buy a decent brick of cheese in the whole city. So, we stocked up on cheese, apple juice and canned tomatoes (Michael's favourite snack), as well as a big container of liquid Tide (a necessity with a toilet training three year old) along with a few other necessities. Costco is also the only place to get a decent hot dog, which Michael enjoyed. I told the driver to just sit somewhere and wait for us, as I felt kind of silly having a "helper" push my cart around for me.

Next stop was the local supermarket where I got smaller things and cleaning supplies. Michael was pretty tired of shopping by this point, so we just went back to our apartment and set things up for the rest of the day.

No comments: